Once those creative juices get flowing, there’s no stopping a DIY enthusiast! And if you think that the DIY’er in you would be contented with making items as they are, you’ll probably surprise yourself when you set out to improve further whatever it is that you’ve created.
Take candles for example. If you love making candles, you probably wouldn’t stop at just making them. You’ll want to improve their look, and make them even more beautiful.
In this post below, you’ll discover easy techniques on how to adorn candles to make them look more rustic. Whether it’s creating a nest-like holder, putting the candle on top of an inverted wine glass, dressing them up with flowers or fruits, or sticking them into apples or coffee beans, you’ll surely love all the ideas presented by the blog author.
Of course, as with any DIY project, it’s safety first. Using candles should always be done with proper precaution. To keep it safe, here are some reminders you can’t afford to forgo:
- Never leave a burning candle even just for a while.
- Extinguish candles before leaving the house or before going to bed.
- Don’t put your candles near flammable materials like bedding, curtains, drapes, carpets, or paper.
- Keep candles out of children’s and pets’ reach.
- Before lighting up a candle, trim the candlewick to 1/4 inch to avoid burning and dripping.
- Use a sturdy candleholder.
- Don’t burn a candle near vents, drafts or ceiling fans.
- Burn a candle in a room with sufficient ventilation.
- Don’t use candles as night light or during power outtage. Use battery-operated flashlight or lamp.
Make safety your top priority when making any DIY project especially when it involves the use of a potentially dangerous element like fire. But once all’s well, be sure to enjoy every minute of it.