Essential oils have long been touted for their benefits for the body. Lavender induces quality sleep. Peppermint tones down headaches. Chamomile provides stress relief. And many more.
You’ll be happy to know that these aromatic oils can also be used for skincare. Mountain Rose Blog helps you “indulge in a luxurious facials” at home with these special aromatherapy facial recipes.
Just a few safety reminders when using essential oils:
- Store essential oils in a secure place away from the reach of children and pets.
- Use a certain blend only for three days and use another blend for the next three days. Alternating between 2 to 3 blends prevents skin irritation.
- If you’re pregnant, avoid these essential oils.
- Read and follow instructions to the dot.
- Don’t use oil on skin without diluting first with a carrier oil. Examples of carrier oils are coconut oil, jojoba oil and almond oil.
- Flush essential oil with water quickly if it gets in your eyes.
Learning how to use essential oils will provide you with a plethora of benefits for your health, skin and hair. It can help you improve your skin health, calm your senses, and induce good quality rest, among many others.